Monday, May 12, 2014

"Green" Smoothie Recipe

 So, for a brief summary of my new eating... choices...? Yeah, let's go with that. I've been avoiding the gym for a month or two, so that, combined with my obsession for junk food, hasn't exactly been beneficial to my "physique" ;). Sooo, I've decided to cut out all processed sugars, and most carbs. It's a bit of a challenge, especially when certain people (whose names will go unmentioned) keep pinning the most delicious looking chocolate cakes and cookies on Pinterest. Anyway, this means new recipes!

This was my first attempt on a Green Smoothie.


About a handful of strawberries
1 frozen banana
A couple handfuls of raw spinach
3/4 to 1 cup of water


Put the spinach in a blender, sliced banana and strawberries on top. Then, add the water (it's just to add some liquid, so use according to your preference). Blend all together. Done! So, mine didn't exactly turn out green; it sort of looked like a "chocolate" smoothie. Nonetheless, it was DELICIOUS!! You can't even taste the spinach. I can't wait to make another one. Mom just brought home a ton of fruits and veggies, so I'll be sharing more smoothie experiments soon. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment