Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fruit Smoothie Recipe!

I've been experimenting with some different smoothie recipes lately, and this one is by far my favorite! I usually have it for breakfast because it's so filling and has tons of nutrients to sort of give you a boost for the day! There isn't any milk or yogurt in it, though, so I'm not sure it can be called a smoothie.
 
Ingredients
 
5-6 large strawberries
a couple handfuls of grapes (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
1 banana
2 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. honey
about 2/3 of a cup of green tea
a handful of ice
*optional - a couple slices of cucmber
 
These aren't exact measurements, as I usually make do with what we have in the house. So, you just want to make sure you've got a bowl full of fruits and/or vegetables you like.
 
1. You're going to want to rinse all of the fruit and chop it into chunks (except the grapes, they're small enough).
2. Stick the bowl of fruit into the freezer to chill.
3. Brew a cup of green tea - let it cool down to room temperature.
4. Put the fruit, green tea, lemon juice, and honey into a blender and mix until there aren't any big lumps.
5. Add a handful of ice, then blend again.
 
Done!
 
This usually makes enough for two medium smoothies, but since it's breakfast I drink the whole thing. Oh! I added cucumber one time, and it gave it a really fresh, crisp taste - so you should try that if you want! I really want to try a green smoothie, but I don't have any spinach or kale right now. If it works out I'll probably do another recipe.
Ok, bye! =)


2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! This sounds good! I make a smoothie like every day and then throw in some granola and sliced bananas. They're so delicious!
    xx
    Brooke

    (Sorry I haven't been commenting, my blogger account has been going kinda crazy so it's not showing when people post on their blogs, so I didn't even know that you had posted since the interview post :/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, granola sounds good!! Hmm, my account does that too sometimes, but then it sort of fixes itself I guess. =)

      Delete