Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I found a recipe for sugar-free, carb-free peanut butter cookies!! - but it had sugar substitutes (which I don't like), so I tweaked it just a little bit. Instead of Splenda I used honey, and I added oats to make them a little thicker. These are healthier than the normal, sugar-packed cookies you buy or make at home. The peanut butter I used does have a little bit of sugar in it, but I really want to try making my own or getting natural peanut butter. Here we go!

1 cup of peanut butter
1 large egg
1 to 2 tablespoons of honey (raw, natural, etc.)
1/4 cup of rolled oats*
 
*These are not the quick microwave oats, make sure they are rolled oats. Also, I never measure stuff when I'm experimenting, so just eyeball it. ;)
 
 First, pre-heat your oven to 350 F. Mix the peanut butter and egg together in a bowl. Then, depending on your preference, add honey (this is to sweeten the cookies, there isn't a dominant honey flavor). Once that's mixed in, add a handful of oats, give or take. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, and press a spoonful of dough into a thin circle. (They have to be pressed thin to cook through.) Repeat until pan is full; cook for 7-8 minutes. The cookies will be kinda doughy until they cool down. This recipe made 12 cookies last time I made it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have to try this recipe some time! I love the blog design, btw.

    I nominated you for the Sunshine award, here's the link: http://stardance123.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    kittycat501

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe my Blogger is glitching... I replied but I don't see it on my page. Anywho, what I said was Thank you so much for nominating me! I've never done anything like this before, so look out for a few mistakes ;) Also, Brooke designed both my blogs. Here's a link to her blog: http://lifeisaconstantjoy.blogspot.com/

      Delete